Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 170

Thread: student expelled from UVAWise

  1. #41
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    According to the paper, he was "involuntarily transferred" to Front Health because campus officials required it for mental health evaluations. It is similar to "involuntary commitment" by police officers for temporary detainment.

    I don't think that necessarily means anything was found during that psych eval considering it wasn't done before he was sent for committment.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #42
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    According to what I heard, he was taken away for evaluation and not actually committed.

    Either way, it's ridiculous.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #43
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    It's just another byproduct of our current culture of fear.....our country is fast becoming a country of wussies and cowards.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #44
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    I agree. United States of the Offended.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #45
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Like I said--this all could have been averted had the professor simply pulled the guy aside and asked him, man to man, if he was being real with this or if it was just fiction for the assignment.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Really, I hope the college is made to regret their decision on this kid. It's not like UVA-Wise is that great anyways...I learned more during my 1st 2 years at MECC that I did at Wise. Hopefully this kid uses the tactics of the lame brains that expelled him and sues their pants off. Not necessiarily the best alternative, but this kid was shafted....and IMO he should shaft the folks that shafted him. He's a vet, and a good student. So, he deserves his rights more than those walking around on campus that have never served. Hope the college has to pay this kid back in spades...lol.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #47
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, I see nothing wrong with what he did...having a gun on campus isn't against a state law, just the college's laws. If the good ol US of A can eliminate the wussitis that currently has taken hold of the media and younger generation, maybe we still stand a chance of regaining the semblance of a country with a lil common sense. The same folks who think a student having a gun or 3 in his car, and writes good fiction is reason for expulsion is the same group that believes terrorists are responsible for all the world's problems...why? cuz that's what the media has spoonfed them. The same group has always been taught that it's ok to be gay, and that it is ok to accept the limitations of themselves and others instead of trying to overcome them, and that it is ok to watch as our government wipes it's arse with our constitution. The kid wrote a good story involving no violence, and had weapons LOCKED in his car that he was permitted to carry....get over it people. Not all young people have swallowed 2 decades of Government BS propaganda hook line and sinker...good for him. </div></div>


    Although I will be going to college in the fall, I completely agree with this

    well put sup-rbeast

  8. #48
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to what I heard, he was taken away for evaluation and not actually committed.
    </div></div>

    My understanding from a couple of sources is that he was actually committed.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wyatt took Barber to a mental health clinic in Big Stone Gap, where he was involuntarily committed for three days, according to the document.</div></div>
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #49
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    Frontier health is a joke...UVAW Campus Police are a joke...UVAW's administration is a joke.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #50
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: student expelled from UVAWise

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to what I heard, he was taken away for evaluation and not actually committed.
    </div></div>

    My understanding from a couple of sources is that he was actually committed.
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wyatt took Barber to a mental health clinic in Big Stone Gap, where he was involuntarily committed for three days, according to the document.</div></div></div></div>

    OK--maybe it's more believable if I told you that's what Jessica heard from someone in her profession...that was my source.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •